Friday, January 4, 2013

2013 Here I Come

So here we are.. 2013. This year better be a good one! This is a little thing I wrote for school that I really like.

As I wake up on a sunny, cold, morning I get up and look at the window. The ground is covered with a white, fluffy, shiny layer of snow. I am reminded that it is Christmas. As I walk down the stairs I see the presents underneath the tree looking at me with glaring eyes waiting to be opened.

Tomorrow is Reyes. "The Three Kings." My family celebrates it every year because it is a tradition in Spain. It is like Santa Claus but this you celebrate on January 6th. I cant wait! Also today we went to burn our Christmas tree. You may be thinking "WHAT?!" Here is how it goes: Everyone who wants in Salem can bring their Christmas tree to a beach near the Willows park. When all the trees are there there is a great, big, green pile. So then everyone gathers around the beach and the firefighters come and set the pile on fire! It is so pretty to watch.



1 comment: